Are you Looking to Buy Breo Ellipta (Fluticasone Furoate/Vilanterol Trifenatate) from PrescriptionPoint.
(Top Brand Option)
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Breo Ellipta||100/25mcg||60doses||$432.00||Add To Cart|
|Breo Ellipta||100/25mcg||120doses||$850.00||Add To Cart|
|Breo Ellipta||200/25mcg||90dose||$474.00||Add To Cart|
What is Breo Ellipta(Fluticasone Furoate/Vilanterol Trifenatate)?
Breo Ellipta is a prescription medicine indicated for short-term prevention and treatment of asthma symptoms such as wheezing, chest tightness, and shortness of breath in adults who need a combination of inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) and a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist (LABA) medicine. This medication is not recommended for patients with asthma that can be well-controlled with an asthma control medication like an ICS medication. This medicine is also used for the long-term treatment of symptoms of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), including emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
What Are Breo Ellipta Side Effects?
Most medications, including Breo Ellipta, may cause some unwanted side effects along with their needed effects. Some of those side effects may go away as the body adjusts to the medicine. Some could be serious and need immediate medical attention.
Using this medication may cause some serious adverse reactions. Call your doctor immediately or get medical help right away if you experience any of the following:
- Pneumonia is manifested by chills, increased cough, increased difficulty in breathing, increased production of mucus, change in mucus color, and fever.
- Increased chance of acquiring infections due to a weakened immune system (immunosuppression). Signs of infection are fever, chills, sore throat that does not go away, and cough.
- Bones become weak or bone thinning (osteoporosis)
- Sudden breathing problems immediately after using this medication. When this happens, discontinue use and call your healthcare provider at once.
- Effects on the heart are shown by chest pain, increased blood pressure, and rapid or irregular heartbeat.
- Effects on the nervous system manifested by nervousness and tremor.
- Eye problems include changes in vision, increased pressure in the eyes, glaucoma, and cataracts. Regular eye exams must be done while using this medication.
- Elevated blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia) manifested by increased thirst, frequent urination, shaking, and unusual and unexplained tiredness.
The following are the common side effects of Breo ellipta to treat COPD:
- Oral or throat thrush (fungal infection in the mouth or throat). To prevent this, rinse your mouth with water without swallowing it after use.
- Runny/stuffy nose with a sore throat
- Upper respiratory tract infection (URTI)
- Back or joint pain
- Sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses)
- Cough, fever, flu
- High blood pressure
The following are the common side effects of Breo ellipta to treat Asthma:
Oral or throat thrush (fungal infection in the mouth or throat). To prevent this, rinse your mouth with water without swallowing it after use.
- Runny/stuffy nose and sore throat
- Cough, flu
- Respiratory tract infection
- Sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses)
- Mouth and throat pain
- Hoarseness or loss of voice
These are not the complete lists of side effects of this medication.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist and ask for advice about side effects.
Breo Ellipta Drug Class
Breo Ellipta belongs to the classification of Beta2 Agonists; Corticosteroids, Inhalants, Respiratory Inhalant Combos. It contains a combination of fluticasone furoate, an inhaled corticosteroid (ICS), and a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist (LABA) drug called vilanterol. Fluticasone furoate being an ICS works by reducing inflammation or swelling in the lungs. Vilanterol is a LABA that relaxes the muscles around the lung airways, preventing symptoms such as shortness of breath, chest tightness, and wheezing.
When you use vilanterol alone, it may increase the risk of hospitalizations and death due to asthma problems. But when used together with an ICS, such as Brio Ellipta medicine, there is no significant increased risk of hospitalizations and death due to asthma problems.
Remember that this medication is not intended to relieve sudden breathing problems (bronchospasm or asthma attack). Use your rescue inhaler in case you experience sudden breathing problems.
Breo Ellipta Dosage
Breo ellipta is a powder for inhalation that is available in two dosage strengths: 100/25 mcg and 200/25 mcg.
Breo ellipta 100 25 mcg – a single inhalation provides a delivered dose of 92 mcg of fluticasone furoate and 22 mcg of vilanterol, corresponding to a pre-dispensed dose of 100 mcg of fluticasone furoate and 25 mcg vilanterol.
Breo ellipta 200 25 mcg – a single inhalation provides a delivered dose of 184 micrograms of fluticasone furoate and 22 micrograms of vilanterol, corresponding to a pre-dispensed dose of 200 mcg of fluticasone furoate and 25 mcg vilanterol.
- For asthma treatment in adults and children aged 12 years old and over, the recommended initial dose is one oral inhalation of Breo ellipta 100/25mcg or Breo ellipta 200/25 mcg once a day. The recommended maximum dosage is one oral inhalation of Breo ellipta 200/25 mcg once a day. If patients do not respond adequately to Breo ellipta 100/25mcg, you may consider increasing the dose to Breo ellipta 200/25 mcg which may give further enhancement in asthma control.
- For COPD treatment in patients at least 18 years old and over, one inhalation of Breo ellipta 100/25mcg once daily should be administered, and the maximum recommended dosage should not exceed that strength. Breo ellipta 100/25mcg is the only strength indicated for COPD treatment.
How Much Does Breo Ellipta Cost?
Breo ellipta prices vary based on site, dosage, and quantity when you purchase online. You may check the cost of this medicine from this page. You may check the pricing of this product by clicking here.
Fluticasone Furoate/Vilanterol Trifenatate
Breo Ellipta, Relvar Ellipta
60doses, 90dose, 120doses
The information above is provided by third parties to Prescriptionpoint.com for Breo Ellipta (Fluticasone Furoate/Vilanterol Trifenatate). This information is for general purposes only and is not intended to replace a physician's advice. Always consult with your doctor or a qualified health care professional if you need advice on any medical concerns.