Are you Looking to Buy Qvar Inhaler (Beclomethasone) from PrescriptionPoint.
(Top Brand Option)
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Qvar Inhaler||50mcg||200doses||$73.00||Add To Cart|
|Qvar Inhaler||100mcg||200doses||$69.00||Add To Cart|
|Qvar Inhaler||100mcg||600doses||$249.00||Add To Cart|
|Qvar Inhaler||100mcg||600doses||$187.00||Add To Cart|
(Affordable Generic Options)
What is a Qvar inhaler?
Qvar Inhaler is a prescription medication in inhalation form (aerosol) that directly works in the lungs. This is for the long-term control of asthma symptoms (shortness of breath and wheezing), as well as preventing future attacks in children who are 4 years old and above and in adults. This is not used to relieve sudden asthma attacks because it does not work instantly.
Is Qvar inhaler a steroid?
Qvar Inhaler is a corticosteroid, also known as steroids, that works by reducing the inflammation and swelling of the lung airways.
Qvar inhaler side effects
Like many other medications, Qvar Inhaler has unwanted effects along with its beneficial effects. Remember to tell your doctor at once if the following common symptoms persist or become bothersome or worsen:
- Throat pain, dryness, and irritation
- Nose and throat pain or swelling (nasopharyngitis)
- Sneezing and runny nose
- Cold-like symptoms Upper respiratory tract infection (URTI)
- Sinusitis (sinus irritation and inflammation)
- Yeast infection in the mouth or oral candidiasis
Be sure to call your doctor immediately or seek medical help right away if you experience the following uncommon adverse reactions:
- Paradoxical bronchospasm (narrowing of the lung airways increases rather than decreases) is characterized by wheezing, difficulty of breathing, shortness of breath, chest pain, lightheadedness, and symptoms unrelieved by a rescue inhaler.
- Adrenal crisis (adrenal glands do not produce enough cortisol to regulate body functions) shown by fatigue, lack of energy, dizziness or lightheadedness, nausea and vomiting, flank or abdominal pain, loss of appetite, excessive sweating on the face and palms, confusion, rapid heart rate, and fast breathing. This can be life-threatening if cortisol drops.
- Stunted growth in children. The growth should be monitored regularly while using this Qvar Inhaler.
- Reduction in bone density.
- Visual problems.
- Oral thrush or fungal infections in the mouth and throat as shown by white patches in the mouth or tongue. This happens when you do not rinse your mouth with water every after use of this inhaler.
- Signs of infection: fever, chills, nausea and vomiting, body pain, and tiredness.
- Allergic reactions or anaphylaxis are shown by rash, itching, swelling of the face, mouth, tongue, throat, and nose, and difficulty in breathing.
Qvar inhaler dosage
The dose of Qvar Inhaler is different for each patient. Follow your doctor’s instructions on how to use Qvar Inhaler or read the patient information or drug label.
The recommended dosing of Qvar Inhaler for each age group are as follows:
- For 12 years old and older who previously used bronchodilators alone, the starting dose is one puff which contains 40 to 80 mcg of beclomethasone every 12 hours or twice daily. The highest dose given is 320 mcg twice a day.
- For 12 years old and older who previously used inhaled corticosteroids, the starting dose is one to two puffs (one puff contains 40 or 80 mcg of beclomethasone) every 12 hours or twice daily. The highest dose given is 320 mcg twice a day.
- For children 5 to 11 years old who previously used bronchodilators alone, the starting dose is one puff (each puff contains 40 mcg of beclomethasone) every 12 hours or twice daily. The maximum dose is 80 mcg twice daily.
- For children 5 to 11 years old who previously used inhaled corticosteroids, the starting dose is one puff (each puff contains 40 mcg of beclomethasone) every 12 hours or twice daily. The maximum dose is 80 mcg twice daily.
Qvar inhaler Cost
You may check the cost of Qvar Inhaler from this page. See the top of this page for the available prices by clicking here.
Qvar vs Flovent
Qvar Inhaler and Flovent are both prescription medications used to control and prevent the symptoms of asthma (wheezing, shortness of breath, and cough) in adults and children who are at least 4 years old and older.
They are classified as inhaled corticosteroids which work by reducing the inflammation in the airways of the lungs. This results in clearing and opening the airways for easy breathing. They are not used as rescue inhalers and should not be used for an asthma attack.
They may be used for the same reason, but they do not have the same active ingredients. Qvar Inhaler contains the active ingredient beclomethasone while Flovent contains fluticasone. They are both metered-dose inhalers containing inhalation aerosol, yet Flovent can also be available as inhalation powder (Diskus). They have different standard dosages.
Beclometasone Dipropionate, Beclomethasone
Beclazone Inhaler, Qvar Inhaler
200doses, 600doses, 600ds
The information above is provided by third parties to Prescriptionpoint.com for Qvar Inhaler (Beclomethasone). This information is for general purposes only and is not intended to replace a physician's advice. Always consult with your doctor or a qualified health care professional if you need advice on any medical concerns.