Are you Looking to Buy Cardura (Doxazosin) from PrescriptionPoint.
(Top Brand Option)
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Cardura||2mg||100||$37.00||Add To Cart|
|Cardura||4mg||90||$33.85||Add To Cart|
|Cardura||4mg||180||$54.95||Add To Cart|
(Affordable Generic Options)
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Doxazosin||1mg||84||$42.00||Add To Cart|
|Doxazosin||2mg||84||$45.00||Add To Cart|
|Doxazosin||4mg||84||$51.00||Add To Cart|
What is Cardura?
Cardura prescription medication belongs to a class of drugs known as alpha-blockers. The generic name of Cardura medication is Doxazosin. Cardura (doxazosin) comes in immediate-release tablet form and can be taken with or without food. The Cardura tablet treats high blood pressure and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Cardura medicine works by relaxing the blood vessels (veins and arteries) so that blood passes through them more easily. This action helps in lowering blood pressure. Cardura pills also help relax the prostate muscles and the bladder’s opening. This action helps increase the urine flow and/or reduce the symptoms, but it will not shrink the prostate.
What is Cardura Used for?
Uses for Cardura are as follows:
- For treating mild to moderate hypertension or high blood pressure.
- For treating symptoms of an enlarged prostate or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men.
Cardura uses are recommended only for adults. Its efficacy and safety in children are not known.
What is Cardura used to treat aside from high blood pressure and BPH?
Contact your doctor or pharmacist for more details or information.
What Are Cardura Side Effects?
Like most medications, Cardura may cause unwanted side effects. Some may go away once the body has adjusted to the drug. If the side effects of Cardura (doxazosin) persist and become bothersome, tell your doctor and ask for advice on managing them.
The Cardura medication side effects per strength are as follows:
Cardura 4 mg side effects include:
- Dizziness, drowsiness
- Fatigue, tired feeling
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Abdominal pain
Cardura 2 mg side effects include:
- Low blood pressure
- Feeling tired/fatigue
Cardura 1 mg side effects
- Drowsiness/ Dizziness
- Unusual tiredness
- Nausea, or rarely, vomiting
- Water retention, swelling
Seek emergency medical help if you experience signs of allergic reaction to Cardura, such as redness, itchiness, hives, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat, or trouble breathing.
Inform your doctor immediately if you have the following serious side effects of this medication:
- Persistent sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of the hands and/or feet
- Yellowing of the skin/eyes
- Dark-colored urine
- Easy bruising/bleeding
- Severe ongoing abdominal pain or bloating
- New or worsening chest pain
Rarely male may experience a painful or prolonged erection lasting 4 or more hours. If this happens, discontinue using this medication and get medical help at once, or permanent problems could happen.
Warning and Interactions for Cardura
- Do not use this medication if you are allergic to its active ingredient, which is doxazosin or similar medications such as alfuzosin (Uroxatral), prazosin (Minipress), silodosin (Rapaflo), tamsulosin (Flomax), or terazosin (Hytrin).
- Before using this medication, inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding your medical history, especially if you had liver disease, heart diseases such as congestive heart failure (CHF), angina, and heart attack in the last 6 months, eye problems such as glaucoma and cataract,
- This medication may cause dizziness or fainting, therefore, be careful if you drive or do anything that requires alertness.
- Do not get up quickly from a sitting or lying position, for doing so can make you feel dizzy.
- This drug can affect the pupils during cataract surgery. Inform your doctor in advance that you are taking this drug.
- Before having surgery (including glaucoma eye surgery/cataract), inform your doctor or dentist if you are taking or have taken this drug, and all the products you use, including the prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
- This medication crosses the placenta and may affect the developing baby if the mother takes this drug while pregnant. This medication during pregnancy could be risky. Therefore, it should only be used if the benefits outweigh the risks. You should inform your healthcare provider right away if you get pregnant.
Inform your doctor about all the medications you take, including prescriptions and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, supplements, and herbal products.
Especially, inform your doctor if you take the following:
- Avanafil (Stendra)
- Cimetidine (Tagamet)
- Sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra)
- Tadalafil (Adcirca, Cialis)
- Vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn)
Cardura (Doxazosin) Dosage
The usual initial Cardura dosage for hypertension in adults is 1 mg taken orally once daily. The maintenance dose is 1 to 16 mg, taken orally once daily.
The usual initial Cardura dosage for BPH is 1 mg taken orally once daily. The maintenance dose is 1 to 8 mg, taken orally once daily.
FAQ’s About Cardura
Can Cardura be crushed?
The immediate-release tablet can be crushed or cut, but the extended-release tablet cannot be.
Can Cardura cause erectile dysfunction?
Doxazosin, the active ingredient in Cardura, is not associated with the occurrence of erectile dysfunction compared with other antihypertensive treatments. In some rare cases, Cardura (doxazosin) can cause priapism, a painful erection for men that is not relieved by sex.
Does Cardura lower blood pressure?
Yes, Cardura lowers blood pressure, for it works by relaxing the blood vessels (veins and arteries) so that blood passes through them more easily.
Is Cardura a beta blocker?
Cardura is not a beta blocker. It is an alpha-1 adrenergic blocker. It relaxes the muscles of the bladder and prostate, thus, relieving the symptoms of BPH. It relaxes the blood vessels so that blood can flow more easily, lowering blood pressure.
Is Cardura an ace inhibitor?
Cardura is not an ACE inhibitor; it is an alpha-1 adrenergic blocker used to treat high blood pressure and symptoms of BPH.
How Much Does Cardura Cost?
When you buy Cardura online, the prices vary based on site, dosage, and quantity. We have a brand in 2 mg and 4mg strength, while generic is available in 1 mg, 2 mg, and 4mg strength. See the top of this page for our price list and see how much you’ll save.
1mg, 2mg, 4mg
84, 90, 100, 180
The information above is provided by third parties to Prescriptionpoint.com for Cardura (Doxazosin). This information is for general purposes only and is not intended to replace a physician's advice. Always consult with your doctor or a qualified health care professional if you need advice on any medical concerns.