Are you Looking to Buy Gemtesa (Vibegron) from PrescriptionPoint.
What is Gemtesa?
Gemtesa is a brand-name prescription medication that belongs to a class of drugs called beta-3 adrenergic agonists. It works by helping the bladder muscle relax to hold more urine, thus, lessening the urgency, frequency and leaking. The generic name of Gemtesa is Vibegron. Gemtesa uses to treat adults with overactive bladder (OAB) with symptoms of urinary frequency, urgency and urge urinary incontinence.
How To Take Gemtesa?
- Follow your doctor’s instructions on taking Gemtesa (Vibegron). It is recommended that you read the patient information leaflet provided by your pharmacist prior to commencing use of this medication.
- If you have any questions about how you should take Gemtesa, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Gemtesa comes in tablet form and is available in only one strength i.e. 75 mg.
- The recommended Gemtesa dosage is one 75 mg tablet taken orally, once per day with or without food.
- Swallow the tablet whole with water.
- If you have difficulty swallowing the tablet whole, you may crush it and mix with one tablespoon of applesauce, then immediately take it with a glass of water.
Ingredients of Gemtesa
Gemtesa tablets contain 75 mg of vibegron, its active ingredient, and other inactive ingredients.
Side effects of Gemtesa
Gemtesa’s indication is to treat overactive bladder (OAB). However, like most medications, it can cause unwanted side effects along with its benefits.
Here are the most common Gemtesa (Vibegron) side effects:
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Nasopharyngitis or common cold (nasal congestion, runny nose, or sore throat)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (URTI)
- Dry mouth, constipation, urinary retention, hot flush, and residual urine volume increased.
Serious side effects are not common but can still occur. Contact your doctor right away or seek immediate medical help when you experience the following:
Allergic reaction with symptoms such as:
- itching or hives
- swelling of your lips, face, tongue or throat
- trouble breathing.
Urinary retention (inability to empty your bladder) with symptoms such as:
- having to strain to urinate
- having difficulty urinating
- either constantly or sporadically
- needing to urinate again shortly after urinating
- having a weak urine stream and not having the sensation to urinate.
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I store Gemtesa?
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Should be stored at 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C). Dispose of any unused medications.
Is Gemtesa available in Canada?
Gemtesa (Vibegron) is included in the list of medications in Meds Entry Watch – New Medicines Approved in 2020 that received first-time market authorization by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the European Medicines Agency (EMA), and/or Health Canada in 2020.
How much does Gemtesa cost per month in Canada?
The cost of Gemtesa 75 mg tablets varies depending on the dosage, quantity, and site. You may check the available prices of this medication from this page.
Can you take Gemtesa twice a day?
The recommended dosage of Gemtesa (Vibegron) is one 75 mg tablet taken orally once daily.
How long does it take for Gemtesa 75 mg to work?
Gemtesa (Vibegron) 75 mg tablet starts to work almost immediately, within a few days of first taking it.
Is there a generic version of Gemtesa?
Gemtesa is currently available as a brand-name medication only and not in generic form.
What medications should not be taken with Gemtesa?
Taking Digoxin, a medication used to treat certain heart problems, while taking Gemtesa may result in having higher digoxin levels.
The information above is provided by third parties to Prescriptionpoint.com for Gemtesa (Vibegron). This information is for general purposes only and is not intended to replace a physician's advice. Always consult with your doctor or a qualified health care professional if you need advice on any medical concerns.